Sunday, February 8, 2004

02082004 - News Article - Nancy Fromm: Let me explain what my company did for township - Letter to the Editor - ROBERT CANTRELL



Nancy Fromm: Let me explain what my company did for township
Letter to the Editor
NWI Times
February 08, 2004
nwitimes.com/news/opinion/mailbag/let-me-explain-what-my-company-did-for-township/article_c07547f1-d88c-5850-ad5b-333d9a7769bb.html
I feel compelled to defend my company and my employees. The recent publicity reflects on my staff, and they are hurt by it.

We have worked with the North Township trustee's office through an employee assistance contract for several years now. A degreed, licensed therapist presented programs designed to help the participants improve their working relationships with each other and with the clients they service.

These programs included alcohol and drug abuse in the workplace, conflict resolution and diversity in the workplace, taught the township employees to respect and value each other and their clients. Group sessions also dealt with employer-employee relations and stress relief techniques, which brought about the massage therapist. She was paid by me personally because she treated my employees as well as township employees who wanted to participate. It was an optional, 15-minute upper body chair massage with the participant fully clothed.

Successful companies are using massage therapy in the workplace to increase satisfaction and productivity.

Frank Mrvan, advisory board member, told me he simply wanted our program to be voluntary because that was what the employees wanted. Trustee Greg Cvitkovich felt all employees needed to be involved in the program. That kind of participation would evolve into better work practices and benefit the public whom they serve.

We are professionals and care a great deal about the people we treat.
Nancy Fromm
Hammond

No comments:

Post a Comment