Monday, July 12, 2010

07122010 - Magistrate Johnson Investigation - Email To Reporter Bob Kasarda, RE: Phone Conversation 07122010


From:sur5er1998 <sur5er1998@aol.com>
To:bob.kasarda <bob.kasarda@nwi.com>
Subject:HARRINGTON= COPY OF ORIGINAL COMPLAINT REGARDING JOHNSON [MARCH 2010]
Date:Mon, Jul 12, 2010 12:49 pm



Bob,

I spoke with you on the phone today, regarding your 'County judges failing to keep up," article. I did not have the opportunity to inform you during our brief conversation that I was one of the people that had contacted the Indiana Supreme Court about this problem. Attached is the email that I sent to the Supreme Court on March 26, 2010.

The Indiana Code of Judicial Conduct has rules regarding a Judge's need to make timely decisions. Indiana Lazy Judge Rule, gives specifics regarding the time frame a judge must make a ruling, and the option for parties to either file a judiciary complaint and /or file a lazy judge rule [requesting the judge either make an immediate ruling or transfer the case to another court / judge, after a judge has failed to make a ruling /decision within 30 days.

Regarding your comment that problems arise with people [such as myself] attempting to interpret the law. I have twenty years of Michigan criminal law experience= law enforcement, probation, victimology, etc. I have also authored crime victim programs and manuals for MI pd's and prosecutor's office. I currently run the Michigan Officer Involved Domestic Violence Project. Thus, I am very familiar with interpreting laws= it's my job.

Sincerly,
Renee' Harrington


-----Original Message-----
From:
sur5er1998@aol.com
To: ameiring@courts.state.in.us
Sent: Fri, Mar 26, 2010 8:47 am
Subject: How long does a Judge have to issue a final ruling?



Is there a time limit in which a Judge must issue a ruling on a divorce property settlement? My divorce was finalized in September 2008. The property settlement hearing was not held until January 2010. And now I am being told that Magistrate Johnson may take up to a year to make a final ruling on my property settlement. How long can the court drag out my divorce? Can they drag it out indefinately, in the hopes that I will just go away without a penny?
Thank you,
Renee' Harrington
Silence: the number one killer of victims of officer involved domestic violence.

http://michiganoidv.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment