Monday, July 16, 2012

07162012 - Letter to Portage City Officials - Unlawful police entry/Deaths of Abbi and Bailey


Portage Mayor James Snyder
Portage City Attorney Gregg Sobkowski
Portage City Council Members 


RE: Unresolved Portage Police Department illegal police entry into home [October 07, 2010] and the deaths of my dogs Abbi and Bailey. 

 
In 2010, I reported Magistrate James Johnson to the Judiciary Commission. Johnson retaliated against me for reporting him to the Commission. Moreover, I had to contact the Porter County judges on three separate occasions. 


During an incident in September 2010, another judge had to step in and sign a court order on my behalf that Johnson refused to sign. Someone in Johnson's office attempted to white out the original judge's signature on this order. 


Following this incident, on October 07, 2010 Portage police officers illegally entered my home with my ex-husband. The officers refused to uphold the September order which my ex was in contempt of. 


During the illegal entry: 1] The officers turned my dogs over to my ex. My ex later had my dogs killed. 2] The officers spoke with former Portage city attorney John Rhame [via phone]. He instructed the officers to retreat. The officers refused; 3] The officers refused to honor the personal protective order against my ex. 4] Portage officers put me out on the street with nothing.
The illegal entry into my home coincided with the announcement that Johnson had failed to meet the Commission's requirements in regards to my first complaint. Johnson faced the possibility of being removed from the bench. The complaints and investigation against Magistrate Johnson disappeared after the illegal police entry. 


After the illegal police entry, a sheriff deputy informed me that he had overheard the Portage police officers at my home during the illegal entry discussing a large amount of cash my ex had on him over thier police radios. A Portage police officer verified what the deputy had overheard. 


Both the Portage Police Chief and Mayor would later dispute what the deputy overheard on the radio reguarding the money. The Portage officer who backed up the deputy, was threatened with termination. 


Additionally there was no written police report and the tape of my 911 call had been destroyed. 


The attached email from the Portage police chief, explains how the Portage city officials handled the illegal police entry and the death of my dogs. 


Since questioning the illegal entry, I have dealt with harassment and intimidation from the Portage PD. I live in constant fear of the police. 


I also live in fear of my abusive ex-husband, because of the illegal entry into my home and the city failing to hold my ex criminally accountable for the deaths of my dogs. I cannot trust the police to protect me. 


A video showing my dangerous domestic violence situation, for which I receive no police protection, is on my website:
http://abbiandbaileyfromtheheart.blogspot.com/2012/07/domestic-violence-in-portage-indiana.html


I want state officials and the public to know how dangerous it is for victims of domestic violence in Portage, and what City Officials subject victims to if they dare to speak up. Hopefully my testimony will spur state officials to step in and take action, where Portage City officials have failed.

My website: www.abbiandbaileyfromtheheart.blogspot gives more details and documents regarding this matter.
I can be contacted at: xxx-xxx-xxxx or at renee.harrington@aol.com
Sincerely,
Renee' Harrington
 
cc.
Portage Mayor James Snyder: jsnyder@portage-in.com
Portage City Attorney Gregg Sobkowski: gsobkowski@hodgesdavis.com
Councilperson Elizabeth Modesto: lmodesto@portage-in.com
Councilperson Patrick Clem: pclem@portage-in.com
Councilperson Ted Uzelac: tuzelac@portage-in.com
Councilperson John Cannon: jcannon@portage-in.com
Councilperson Matt Scheuer: mscheuer@portage-in.com
Councilperson Mark Oprisko: moprisko@portage-in.com
Councilperson Sue Lynch: slynch@portage-in.com 








The person you hear in the video beating and threatening to kill my dogs is the same man who the Portage PD allowed into my home and who the Portage officers gave my dogs to...







-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Becker "mailto:MBecker@portage-in.com"
To: Renee'  "mailto:sur5er1998@aol.com"

Olga Velazquez "mailto:OVelazquez@portage-in.com"
"mailto:kenelwood@rhameandelwood.com"



Sent: Mon, May 16, 2011 8:36 pm
Subject: RE: Police Complaint Form request
Ms. Harrington
I am sorry that you have lost your dogs, however based upon the information provided to Captain Vaughan and the ensuing investigation he conducted, I do consider this matter closed. As you noted in your email, your former husband "killed" your dogs, or at least signed over the paperwork approving them to be put down. Why he would have done so is something I cannot answer.
mjb











**********



























No comments:

Post a Comment