Wednesday, October 7, 2015

10072015 - Email to Hobart Mayor Brian Snedecor - RE: Hobart Humane Society and deaths of Abbi and Bailey




Hobart City Council Meeting is tonight at 6 PM . I couldn't make the meeting, so I sent an email to Hobart Mayor Brian Snedecor and City Council Members, RE: The Hobart Humane Society - and Abbi's and Bailey's deaths. 


---------------------

Renee Harrrington <michigan.oidv@gmail.com>
11:23 AM (1 hour ago)
to snedecor

Mayor Snedecor and Hobart City Council Members,

RE: October 7th City Council Meeting / Hobart Humane Society Issues

I will not be able to attend the meeting this evening, but if I had, I would have been proudly sitting with the incredible animal rescuers whom you are so fortunate to have within your community.

My story is just one of many that HHS has managed to cover up - and which is just now coming to light, because of your community's animal rescuers efforts to bring transparency to the Hobart Humane Society.

Five years ago today, my abusive ex broke into my home and took my two beloved dogs: Abbi and Bailey. For seven long agonizing months, animal rescuer Lisa Gilbert headed a team of other rescuers who searched diligently for my fur babies, as if they were their own.

In April, I received the incredible news from Lisa, that Abbi and Bailey had been found - living in a backyard pen of my ex's new residence in Portage. We immediately contacted the Portage PD, so my fur-babies could be legally returned to me.

Unfortunately, and for whatever reasons, the Portage PD decided to contact my ex, instead of retrieving Abbi and Bailey. My ex, instead of returning Abbi and Bailey to me, took them to the Hobart Humane Society and signed paperwork to have them euthanized.

Abbi and Bailey were registered in my name. There were alerts at animal shelters within a 50 mile radius for them, for the past several months. The correct procedure for the Hobart Humane Society at this point would have been for them to call me and say, "We have your dogs ... Come get them."

Instead, Hobart Humane Society lethally injected Abbi and Bailey...

A violation of our State's animal cruelty laws, which were meant to protect and give voice to our pets - but which cannot be upheld because  Hobart Humane Society is allowed to keep its records private.

The Hobart Humane Society's private record policy protected my ex and the shelter employees from criminal charges in the cruel deaths of my dogs. There will never be accountability or justice in my case.

However, what I can hope for, is that Abbi's and Bailey's story continues to educate people on the crimes that are happening to animals at the Hobart Humane Society - and the remarkable efforts of the animal rescuers who are trying desperately to give voice to the voiceless and vulnerable animals.

Abbi and Bailey - No Answers - No justice
https://youtu.be/v1lrDc4L1Z4


Thank you for your time,
Renee' Harrington - Michigan Officer Involved Domestic Violence Project
michigan.oidv@gmail.com

----------------------
Abbi and Bailey - No Answers - No justice
https://youtu.be/v1lrDc4L1Z4


Abbi and Bailey... From The Heart
http://abbiandbaileyfromtheheart.blogspot.com/

Hobart Indiana Humane Society - In The News
http://hobarthumansocietyinthenews.blogspot.com/

Michigan Officer Involved Domestic Violence Project [MIOIDV]
http://michiganoidv.blogspot.com/
















No comments:

Post a Comment