Friday, November 11, 2016

11112016 - News Article - FBI raids Lake sheriff department



CROWN POINT — FBI and Indiana State Police were raiding the Lake County Government Center early Thursday.

A number of FBI agents and state police investigators entered the sheriff's offices at the Lake County Government Center, 2293 N. Main St., about 9:30 a.m.

Ryan Holmes, spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's office, said federal authorities were serving search warrants on the county sheriff early today. He declined to comment on what documents are being sought or who is being targeted.

Dean Delisle told The Times he was in the Sheriff's Bureau of Identification, where police records are held, to obtain a copy of an accident report when agents and state police walked into that office and ordered everybody, including the sheriff's employees, to leave the building.

"They were taking pictures of everything," Delisle said. He said sheriff's employees appeared upset as they were preparing to leave.

A source within county government said federal agents and state police entered the building with dollies, which can be used to move large quantities of documents and equipment. A source said all employees in the building were ordered to leave the building.

A source within county government said federal agents then fanned out to the Lake County Voter Registration and Election offices, where vote totals are kept, the Lake County E-911 offices and other departments within the administration building.

The Lake County Jail, where the sheriff has offices, has been under a U.S. Department of Justice mandate for the last eight years for failing to meet federal healthcare standards for inmates.

Sheriff John Buncich couldn't be reached for comment.

15 comments:

  1. I think other web-site proprietors should take this web site as an model,
    very clean and fantastic user friendly style and design, as well
    as the content. You are an expert in this topic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day I am so glad I found your website, I really found you by mistake, while I was researching
    on Bing for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to
    say many thanks for a remarkable post and a all
    round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don't have time to read it all at the moment but I have bookmarked
    it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have
    time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the fantastic
    job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I conceive this site contains very fantastic written content
    material content.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very happy to read this. This is the kind of manual that needs to be given and not the accidental misinformation that's at the other blogs.
    Appreciate your sharing this best doc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really a nice and helpful piece of info.
    I'm satisfied that you simply shared this useful information with us.
    Please keep us informed like this. Thanks
    for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, I want to subscribe for this blog to take
    latest updates, so where can i do it please help out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like gathering useful info, this post has got me even more info!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some really interesting details you have written.Assisted me
    a lot, just what I was searching for :D.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely just what I was looking for. Thanks to the author for taking his time on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply desire to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your post is simply excellent and
    i could assume you're an expert on this subject.
    Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post.
    Thanks a million and please carry on the enjoyable
    work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Real informative and wonderful structure of written content, now that's user pleasant (:.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey there, You have done an incredible job. I will certainly digg it and
    in my opinion suggest to my friends. I am sure they will
    be benefited from this web site.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw a lot of website but I conceive this one holds something special
    in it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think other site proprietors should take this site
    as an model, very clean and magnificent user genial style and design, as
    well as the content. You are an expert in this topic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey there! I simply would like to give you a big thumbs up for the excellent
    information you've got right here on this post. I'll be coming back to your blog for more soon.

    ReplyDelete