Monday, November 1, 2010

11012010 - Ex's attempt to sell house from under me - Divorce Case - CAUSE NO: 64D01-0708-DR-7804/Porter County Superior Court, Valparaiso IN








I was in a vulnerable position in regards to the sale of the marital home. There was not a lien on the home for my property settlement. I was not listed on the mortgage. I was not listed on the title for the house. ReMax had the listing for the sale of the house in only my ex's name.

I was in danger of my ex selling the home from under me and never receiving a penny of my property settlement. I had every reason to fear this: Attorney Shaw had told my ex at a September 2009 hearing that I wasn't going to get anything; At the January 2010 settlement hearing, my ex requested that he not have to pay me a settlement at all; At the October 7th illegal police entry, my ex had the funds to pay me my settlement immediately, but he did not; And, my ex was court ordered to refinance the marital home and he failed to do so.

On November 01, 2010 former neighbors of mine contacted me at work and informed me that they had run into my ex-husband at Mennards that previous weekend. My ex was bragging how he had sold the marital home for $135,000 [$30,000 under the listed price].

There was no one in my court to protect my rights and insure that I received a property settlement. It appeared that my ex was going to get away with selling the marital home from under me, while the Court / Magistrate Johnson looked the other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment